Tuesday 17 November 2015

SIBOL Blanket Deliveries.

Good evening,

17th September was the last day we made  'SIBOL' Blanket Deliveries. Lisa to Belvoir Home and myself to Bramley Grove Care Home. Since then I have collected 75 Sunshine Blankets. It always amazes me because it's not very often I get comments on the 'SIBOL' Blog and there are only a handful of Ladies who comment regularly on the RAVELRY site but nevertheless I know Ladies in the Crafting Community are visiting from all over the world. You only have to look at the visitors widget to see the countries visiting.  Only yesterday did I have an email from  Gabriella in Italy who tells me her mother is sending our Residents a Blanket! How kind! I also have Bettina in Switzerland sending a Blanket so thank you very much for taking an interest.

The Blankets upstairs are piling up and I have around 75 in total. I'm starting to run out of room so I thought I would visit one of my local Homes 'St. Michaels' in Olton.  Today I took in 22 Sunshine Blankets and 10 Shawls. It is always such a pleasure to visit the Home. The Staff are friendly and very welcoming.  Over the past few weeks I have been getting the Blankets ready and as you can see from the photos we have a great selection.

The brightly coloured Granny Square Blankets were hand delivered to me by Alma and her Husband and I am very grateful to both of them. Alma tells me her Husband crochets a couple of rounds and she finishes them off and joins them together. How lovely for her Husband to enjoy the same hobbies!

1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180,1181, 1182 Thank you Alma


 Then I have Lyn who travels the UK with her Husband on trains. She takes her Knitting needles with her and Knits stripes which she then joins together, she has  donated quite a lot.

1138, 1137, 1136, 1135, 1134, 1133, 1132, 1131, 1130 Thanks Lyn 'Our Train Knitter'.


I would also like to thank everyone else who has donated Blankets and Shawls in this Delivery.

Here's what I delivered today!

St. Michaels Tuesday.


Delivery to St. Michael's. Tuesday.


The Staff will be wrapping these Blankets up ready for Christmas Day.

A Big Thank you from St. Michael's and here's a photo of one of the Staff receiving them. Such a pretty girl and I forgot to ask her name.


21 Sunshine Blankets and Shawls delivered to St. Michaels this morning on behalf of SIBOL. Thanks everyone



I am always very thankful to everyone who donates a Blanket or Shawl and I am so pleased that you think the project is worthy of your time. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I always read your blog, Sue. I think comments are left by a very small percentage of readers. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!