Tuesday 13 August 2013

Join in the fun it's party time!

Good Morning and welcome to 'Mrs Twins',

First of all could I say my 'talk talk' account is playing up. On occasions I can't send email so I'm sorry about this. Apparently things are getting sorted their end. Also my land line has gone deady dead. One of those days!

I've had a busy week so far..... Monday I visited Victoria Lodge Care Home so I hope you can scroll down and read about my visit. Our Blankets were very well received and I would like to thank everyone for their support.

Tuesday this morning I visited our 90 year old 'SIBOLETTE' Irene. Irene is the Mother of June  who is 'The Chairman at the Craft Group' where I did the talk some months ago. June very kindly told her about our work and since then Irene has been making Squares for us. We have already put the Squares into two Blankets and now we have around another 50 for another two Blankets. She was only too pleased to make some for us it gives her something to do. Strange thing is she can see to knit but not to read. She gets an enormous amount of pleasure from doing the Squares so I am really pleased. Here they are and aren't they lovely! June has a twin sister too, so we had lots to talk about as you can imagine.

007


Then when I got back home I found JoannaD's Blanket in the porch. Joanna has very kindly made a Blanket out of Granny Squares, she loves them so much. Joanna loves a variety of crafts some of these are Sewing, Quilting and  also she is busy making her 'Mystery Blanket' which involves fair isle, beading and cabling. When the Knitting  get a bit tricky for her she has a break and makes Patchwork Granny Squares. What a good idea. It's her form of relaxing so I think this is a great name. The Blanket has been made using odds and ends of yarn that she had in her box and also some that her Grandma sent up to her. I'm very pleased you have found a use for them.

If you are new to Crochet, why not pop over to You Tube and learn how to make a simple Granny Square then perhaps you too could make a Blanket for SIBOL!

Let's take a look now Joanna, thank you so much you are very kind.

005


Very nice indeed Joanna. Here's your Slide Show!


Created with flickr slideshow.

This is actually our 500th Blanket would you believe, but I am going to number this 501. Simple reason being is that we are going to make a special 500th Blanket. Guess what! You are invited to take part. Now I would like an offer of making up the middle Square if someone would like to take that on. It would have to have the number 500 Crocheted or Knitted on.  I'm going to leave the colours of the Squares up to you. It's got to have a 'celebratory/party' theme to it though.

Let's see if we can make this a special one. Thank you.
Any queries please mail me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
or RAV mail me MrsTwins

Raverly is a lovely place to be and I have been asking the Ladies on there  when they started to Crochet. If you would like to read their comments please follow the Link. You are welcome to join in the topic!

Well I think that's all for now. Cup of tea and then it's time for my hook.

Thanks for popping in today!

x Sue x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!