Sunday 5 May 2013

We have now made 400 'Sunshine Blankets' for the Elderly here in the UK! Thank you!

Good afternoon and thanks for visiting 'Mrs Twins',

My original idea back in January 2010 was to make half a dozen Blankets for the Elderly. Today I am very pleased to say we have now clocked up 400! Simply amazing and I would like to thank you all for the beautiful Crocheted and Knitted Squares that I have received along the way. Not only do I receive your Squares but also your donated blankets and for these I am very grateful too. 'SIBOL' is a place where we can be 'creative' amongst friends but at the same time we are doing something really worthwhile for our older generation. Our 'Sunshine Blankets' are making a difference to the lives of the Elderly in Care/Nursing Homes//Sheltered accommodation and vunerable people out in the community so a big thank you!

We have a great group over on RAVELRY and everyone is welcome to join us. So please follow   http://www.ravelry.com/groups/-sibol-

One of our recent Challenges was a Fruit and Veg one. I am very pleased to say that I have finished the first of two Blankets for this particular Challenge. I would like to thank everyone who has taken part. The talent of you all has definitely shone  through in the Squares that I have received. Let's take a look now.

I would like to thank everyone for the Squares that I have received for this Blanket.

Sit back and enjoy your Slide Show now!



Created with flickr slideshow.



Such pretty Squares good enough to eat!

Thanks to you all!


SIBOL CHALLENGES.
www.sibolchallenges.blogspot.com

sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
If there is anything you want to ask me.


x Sue x 



1 comment:

  1. Well done, Sue, what a fantastic achievement! 400 blankets - unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!