Monday 8 October 2012

Blankets fly in from Belgium!

Good afternoon and Welcome!

I am very pleased to be showcasing two beautiful blankets that have come all the way from Belgium. These two blankets are from Tinka. They have been made beautifully and so different from each other.

I'm going to let you read what Tinka wrote in her letter to me.

'Here are two blankets I made for SIBOL. The one with Flowers I called 'Flower Burst', after the pattern's name and the other with grey and red I called, "Klokke Roeland". I think this needs some explanation Klokke Roeland (Clock Rooland) is a famous clock of the Belfrey of Gent. There is even a song about it. I made this blanket with gifted yarn of my friend Zetty and crocheted it in Memory of Mark, her Husband. They were both friends of us, sadly Mark died of Cancer 2 years ago. He was a proud citizen of the town Gent. I couldn't imagine a better name for this blanket."

I love both of the blankets Tinka. 'Klokke Roeland' has unusual colour combinations which work so well together and it's our faithful Granny Square too which makes this blanket so ....special.  What a wonderful thing to do in Mark's Memory. I'm sure Zetty is really going to be touched by this wonderful thought.

A beautiful Granny Square Blanket made in a wonderful combination of colours!

A great blanket for a man. Thank you.

The other blanket that Tinka made is so pretty and really suitable for a Lady.  It's called 'Flower Burst'. What wonderful Squares.


What a gorgeous Blanket!

I do love the colours and indeed the pattern. The border finishes it off so well. Another gorgeous blanket.

Would you like to see more of these two blankets? Here's my Slide Show!






Created with flickr slideshow.

Thank you very much indeed Tinka I know these blankets are going to be so loved!

x Sue x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!