Sunday 11 April 2010

Squares even come on a Saturday! Anne (UK) Pippa S (M.S.E.) and Maree (Australia)

Hi Everyone!

I've had a busy day and I'm really sorry Anne and Maree that I couldn't post earlier.  First of all this morning we went back to the Jewellers to get my ring sorted.  You probably remember that I have been terribly upset because I caught my Engagement ring in a drawer in my Daughters bedroom and the white gold setting with the diamond sheared off. Well we are all sorted now and they are going to repair it this week.  But as we were walking out the front door the Post was in the Porch and I hadn't got time to open it.  I did email Maree on my iphone to just let her know that her Squares had arrived and that I would be in touch later on.  Now Anne, well I couldn't email her because I hadn't got her email address. I'm hoping with Kathy's help that I'll be getting it soon. So Anne if you are reading this before I'm able to contact you you'll know your Squares have arrived.

Then when I tried to take the photographs this afternoon there was  a lot of shadow, so I had to hang on. It was one thing after another because after I had taken the photos I couldn't get them to load up off my phone. Never-ending problems today, sorry.

I've had a really busy week with Squares as you know. Today was no exception.  Squares from Anne which you will see and also Maree in Australia. The very strange thing is.......Anne only lives about 20 minutes away from me and she reads my blog! Fancy that!

Here are Annes Squares. I recognise the Flower one, (200 Squares and Blocks for Throws and Afghans)  but look at the Square with the double crochet around the sides. Isn't that a good idea! Beautiful colours and as I was saying on Flickr they would have gone beautifully with 'The Citrus Blanket of Love'.

Annes' Squares by my Birdcage! Pretty Colours I love them!

Maree very kindly sent me the Squares from Australia.  They seemed to have arrived so quickly.  I just don't understand why Helens took so long!

007

Look at those Oranges, just ideal for the 'sun' themed Blankets. 

Thank you both so much for sending me the Squares and once again I'm sorry you've had a wait seeing your Squares!






Have a good Weekend and I'll leave you with your Slide Show!

6 comments:

  1. Guess what I got in the mail today??? A fantastic package!!! Thank you so much for everything, that yarn feels so good. Now I have to find something great to make with it. I was so proud to be your winner and I am going to enjoy the prize very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all your encouraging words about my Rastro stall for Charity. It felt lovely and the Craft Room is soo tidy!
    Good Luck with your sewing up this week. Mine will start after my return home on the 24th April so I shall think of you with every stitch
    x
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue! Im back -gosh what a lot happens in blogland when you don't check in for a few days! Soo glad your ring is being sorted - that must have been traumatic for you - poor thing! LOOOve all the squares, citrus blankie lovely and they all look great together don't they - I am amazed at the lovely selection of squares that you get! I will chat soon - flickrmail you **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue

    It's great that your ring can be repaired. I know I'd be devastated if that happened to mine.

    The squares are coming in thick and fast, aren't they? Mine were posted on Saturday, so I shall be interested to see how long they take to get to you!

    The crochet that everyone is doing is amazing - such real talent throughout the world, and equally amazing is how you put them all together. I'm sure each and every one of the finished blankets will be treasured forever by their new owners.

    KathyXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been lurking on your blog for a while but would like to say how much I admire all the work that you do. Well done.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, all the squares are gorgeous and the blankets are works of art. I have been reading the blog and was relieved to hear your ring can be repaired.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!