Friday 2 October 2009

'SHOW AND TELL' FRIDAY - Show-casing my Stork.

I'm new to blogging! This is the first time I've taken part in a 'Show and Tell Friday'.

If I had one item I would like everyone to see which is in my home that means the world to me has got to be my Stork. I have shown photos in my blog posts before but as Romantic Home are posting this event today I'm going to show it again. Here's the link romantichome.blogspot.com

Just for others to know. When my twin daughters were born my family gave me a White Stork which had a lovely display of real flowers. Of course within a few days the flowers died and over the years the paint had started to flake off and the fur started to come unstuck. In fact it all looked pretty unslightly. So a few weeks ago I decided to give it a make-over. I covered the Stork with new fur, gave it an orange beak made out of felt, wound wool around the legs and made it a new body full of ruffles which were crocheted. To top it all I crocheted deep pink carnations, light pink rose buds and green leaves. I'm sure you will agree it is a picture now.
I have always treasured the Stork and I'm pleased now it looks a lot happier than what it did. Here are some photos.

My Stork now.

Stork (Side View).


This is what it looked like before the makeover.

A treasured possession our Stork.


23 years ago.....,

THE STORY OF THE STORK BEGINS HERE.


Thank you Romantic Home for hosting the event. I hope you enjoyed my Show and Tell Friday. If you would like to see my set 'The Story of the Stork' please visit Flickr Mrs Twins.

Bye for now.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....this is soooooooooo sentimental I really enjoyed viewing your Show n Tell share today. And the photo of the baby nursery just melted my heart.

    Great post.

    [ps your link didn't send me to your blog -there was an error message -- I took out the 'www' part and found you]


    My Show n Tell is posted. Hope you can visit! There's a 'treat' for you also, if you'd like!!! [on my sidebar] Head on over if you find time. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogging! I hope you love it as much as I do. And Cindy is such an inspiration. Glad you joined in the event. That stork was a true make over! Great job. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see this again... I hadn't seen the one in the middle before you started... WOW.... That was a lot of work... Very creative job....

    Ok, I know... L.E.T. I.T. G.O....

    We just dropped 20 degrees time to go take out the capris and put in more hoodies and turtleneck... Rain, cold and grey here.. brrrrrrrrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stork is so cute! You did a great job of making it over. I love the picture of the stork with your daughters...sweet. Thank you for sharing, and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That it so cute! It looks so much better now! It's so wonderful that you held on to it for all those years!! Thanks for joining in on Show and Tell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks even better than it did originally! You did a fantastic job, and I love the sentimentality.

    I also have twin girls, and they will be 16 in December. They were born at 27 weeks on the dot and were in the NICU for three months exactly. You would never know it now. (I also have two boys now to liven things up!)

    Nice to meet you through Show and Tell!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!